Want to leave an impact in the boardroom? Learn how to do a voice-over on Google Slides and crush your next presentation.
You can make all the difference in your next meeting by adding captivating audio to your Google Slides presentations. Whether you want to add background music or record a narration for a more immersive experience, we’re here to help you achieve professional results.
In this article, we’ll show you how to do voice-overs on Google Slides and achieve professional results. From uploading audio files to formatting play settings, we’ve got you covered. Additionally, we’ll share valuable tips for delivering a remarkable voice-over.
What is Google Slides?
Google Slides is a powerful tool for creating stunning presentations. It's a user-friendly online platform allowing you to build visually appealing slideshows.
There are many themes for Google Slides to elevate your presentations. From professional designs to playful and creative options, the various themes ensure your slides perfectly complement your content.
Google Slides can serve multiple other purposes. You can use it to prepare a winning pitch deck, share educational materials, or deliver a captivating creative brief. To access Google Slides, follow these simple steps:
- Open your web browser on your computer or mobile device and navigate to the Google homepage (www.google.com).
- If you are not already signed in to your Google account, click the "Sign In" button in the top right corner and enter your credentials.
- Click on the “Apps” button (nine small dots) at the top right of the page.
- Select “Slides” from the app menu and start creating presentations by clicking “Blank” or choosing a template.
5 steps to do a voice-over on Google Slides 🗨️
Get ready to captivate your audience and make your slides come to life with these easy-to-follow steps:
1. Generate audio files for individual slides and upload them to Google Drive. 🔊
Use a recording software or app to record your voice narration for each slide. Save and name each audio file separately so they’re easily identifiable. Then, upload the audio files to your Google Drive.
2. Click on “Insert audio into your slide” and customize play settings. ▶️
On your Google Slides presentation, navigate to the slide where you want to add the voice-over. Click on the “Insert” tab in the menu and select “Audio.”
Choose the correct audio file from your Google Drive and click “Insert.” The voice-over will be indicated by a speaker icon on the slide.
3. Configure audio settings. 🎚️
Select the audio file you want to customize, right-click it, and choose “Format options.”
From this menu, you can adjust the playback options, such as the start and end times, volume, and whether the audio should play automatically or on click.
4. Customize slide transition timings. ⏱️
This step is optional. However, you can adjust the timings if you want the voice-over to sync with specific slide transitions.
From the “Slide” menu, you can select “Transition.” From there, set the desired duration for each slide or choose to advance the slide manually with the voice-over.
5. Preview and fine-tune the voice-over. 🎧
Play the presentation in the Slides editor to preview how the voice-over sounds with the slides. If necessary, adjust the audio volume, timing, or other settings to ensure a seamless and engaging presentation.
Voice-over formatting tools 🎛️
When formatting your voice-over on Google Slides, you have several options to enhance its impact and create a polished presentation.
Here are three voice-over formatting options to consider:
- Adjust volume and timing: With Google Slides, you can fine-tune the volume of your voice-over to ensure it’s clear and audible. You can also synchronize the timing of your voice-over with your slide transitions for a seamless effect, creating a dynamic and engaging experience.
- Add transition effects: Voice-overs can even be more captivating when combined with visually appealing transitions. You can choose from various effects, such as fades, slides, and zooms. Apply these effects strategically to create smooth transitions between slides and the corresponding voice-over segments.
- Use captions and subtitles: Consider adding captions to your slides. This feature is especially helpful for accessibility purposes or when presenting to a multilingual audience. Google Slides enables close captioning, allowing viewers to follow along as they listen to the voice-over.
5 tips for doing a great voice-over 🗣️
Before we proceed with the tips, remember to have a well-written script. It will guide your voice-over, providing direction and ensuring a clear and effective message.
1. Enhance your Google Slides with other elements 📽️
Consider incorporating multimedia elements into your presentation to make your voice-over even more engaging. Here’s how you can add music, videos, and GIFs to your Google Slides:
- How to add music to Google Slides: Click “Insert,” select “Audio,” and choose a music file to add background music that complements your voice-over and sets the desired mood of your presentation.
- How to add a video to Google Slides: Click “Insert,” choose “Video,” and either upload a video file or search for a YouTube video to embed directly into your slide.
- How to add a GIF to Google Slides: Click “Insert,” select “Image,” and choose a GIF file to add eye-catching animations that enhance your message.
2. Maintain consistency with style guides 📐
Consistency is vital when creating voice-overs and presentations. Style guides provide guidelines for fonts, colors, and visuals, but they also frequently feature recommendations for tone and brand voice. By following a style guide, you can create a professional voice-over that aligns with your brand’s identity.
Tip: Consider creating brand guidelines using Canva, a popular design tool with customizable templates and intuitive editing features.
3. Rehearse your delivery 🎭
Practicing your script fosters confidence, ensures understanding of the content, and helps identify and refine tricky sections. Additionally, it allows experimenting with tones and expressions for engaging delivery. Ultimately, it saves time, reduces errors, and enhances the overall quality of the voice-over.
4. Use a high-quality microphone 🎤
Use a high-quality microphone for your voice-over to ensure optimal audio quality. You can use a USB condenser microphone or a headset with a built-in noise-canceling feature for clear, professional-sounding audio.
5. Leave a lasting impression 👏
As you reach the end of your presentation, it’s crucial to make a lasting impression on your audience. Recap the key points to reinforce your message and deliver a memorable statement or call to action.
You can also incorporate impactful visuals that support your final message. By ending your presentation on a strong note, you leave a positive and memorable impression on your audience.
Presenting opportunities on Contra 🌟
Knowing how to do a voice-over on Google Slides elevates the impact of your presentations, captivating audiences and leaving a lasting impression. Effective presentations are pivotal in showcasing expertise, creativity, and professionalism.In need of professional assistance for building and styling engaging presentations? Contra can help you find the perfect independent designer for your business needs. Contra is a commission-free freelance work platform that matches clients with skilled Independents. Sign up today!